We already know that we should drink at least eight glasses of water a day, but is the water you’re drinking actually good for you?
Kangen water is not only good for your body; it also helps reduce the number of plastic bottles that end up in our environment. Kangen Water® Ionizers are capable of producing five different types of water, so it is extremely useful in many ways. The pH of the water produced ranges from pH 2.5 (acidic for disinfection), pH 4.0 – 4.6 (for beauty), pH 7.0 (for baby food and medication), pH 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 (for drinking), to pH 11.0 (for cleaning).
Below is a detailed list of the wonderful benefits of Kangen water:
1. It’s clean and safe. Since Kangen machines filtrate tap water, you won’t have to worry about the chemicals and contaminants that you may have been consuming unknowingly from unfiltered tap water or bottled water.
2. It tastes good. This alkaline drinking water has a fresh taste and a sweet, pleasant flavor. You can drink it in pH 8.5 – 9.5.
3. It brings out the flavor in other foods and drinks. Use Kangen water with the pH of 8.5 – 9.5 to bring out the flavor in stews and soup. It also enhances the flavors and aroma of coffee and tea.
4. It has a lot of minerals. Alkaline water includes calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium, which help improve health in various ways. Calcium builds bones and keeps them healthy; magnesium helps turn food into energy; sodium regulates blood pressure and supports nerve and muscle function and potassium promoted healthy digestion.
5. It soothes heartburn, acid reflux and indigestion. Drinking alkaline water at pH 8.8 may help inactivate pepsin, the main enzyme that causes acid reflux, as shown in a study published in Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology. For fast relief, drink 1⁄4 cup of fresh pH 11.5 immediately followed by 750 milliliters of pH 9.5. Do not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes. Repeat the next day only if necessary.
6. It reduces high blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. Multiple studies have shown that drinking alkaline water has helped decrease high blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol among people with diabetes and hypertension. They found that a high-pH electrolyte water reduced blood viscosity, the thickness and stickiness of your blood, in the participants after exercising.
7. It has anti-ageing properties. Alkaline water has many powerful antioxidants that help prevent the growth of cell-damaging free radicals in the body, which can further speed up the ageing process. Alkaline water seeks out free radicals and turns them into oxygen which your body can use for energy production and tissue oxygenation. Cancer and most other illnesses cannot survive in an oxygenated, alkaline environment.
8. It helps increase hydration. Alkaline water has ultra-hydrating properties as compared to regular water. This is because the water molecules in alkaline water are smaller and more readily absorbed by your cells, which help your body re-hydrate quickly. This can be a beneficial drink for those who exercise regularly and require more amount of water in their body.
9. It can be used for cleaning and sanitizing. Strong Kangen alkaline water with a pH of 11 – 11.5 has dissolving and heat conducting benefits, which makes it effective for cleaning. It works well on grime and when cleaning other kitchen areas, including chopping boards and dishcloths. It can also remove coffee, soy sauce, and oil stains. Meanwhile, strong acidic water with a pH of 2.5 is perfect for sanitation and disinfection of surfaces, but it is also safe to use on hands and it can be used as mouth wash.
10. It can be used to treat acne and other skin conditions. Rinsing with pH 11.5 water is good for oily skin. Cleanse area with a non-soap cleanser and Kangen water with the pH of 4 – 6 (mild acidic water). With a cotton swab dab pH 2.5 (strong acidic water) on any active blemishes or broken skin. Tone with pH 4 - 6 Water in a glass bottle with a fine spray mister for acne, rashes and burns; tone with pH 5.5 water for eczema and psoriasis.